Soups are perfect during the freezing winter months. They’re warming and very healthy.
This lentil soup recipe is delicious and super quick to make.
Lentil Soup Ingredients
- 1/2 white finely chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 medium sized chopped carrot
- 1 medium sized chopped celery stick
- 7 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of red split lentils
- 3 cups of water
- 1 heaped teaspoon of cumin
- 1 heaped teaspoon of organic ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of bouillon powder
- Chili flakes
- A generous amount of olive oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to your liking
Start by sauteing the onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes. Then add the chopped carrot and celery and sauté for about 7 minutes.
Add the cumin, turmeric, bouillon, chili flakes and stir for a minute or two.
Add 1 cup of lentils, 3 cups of water and the cherry tomatoes. Let it cook for about 20-25 minutes on low to medium heat. The red split lentils cook fairly fast and there is no need to soak them over night.
Season the soup to your liking and garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!
I hope you like this lentil soup recipe. If you are a fan of soup, please take a few minutes to check out my Chicken Soup Recipe right here.