Lamb Stew, just like soup, is a perfect meal for the freezing cold weather. It’s adaptable too because you can add pretty much whatever vegetables you like.
Lamb Stew Ingredients
- 500 grams of stewing lamb diced
- 300 grams of potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery sticks chopped
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- A generous amount of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 500ml of meat stock
- 1 cup of water
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/2 glass of organic red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary
- Chili flakes
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and sauté in olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and sauté for 10 minutes adding the tomato paste, chili flakes, turmeric and the red wine.
- Then add the bay leaf, rosemary, broth and water. Bring to a boil, then bring to a simmer and give it a good stir then put the lid on.
- Cook for 1 hour keeping an eye on it stirring it occasionally.
- After one hour add the potatoes and cook for another 30-40 minutes. Keep tasting and season to your liking.
- Add the peas at the end before serving. If it looks dry add a little water.
You don’t have to use Lamb in your stew. You can use other meat such as beef or chicken. Just try make sure that the meat you use is organic as non organic meat is injected with antibiotics and hormones.